The Mentha leaf otherwise known as the mint leaves is an aromatic herb which has been used for hundreds of years for its remarkable medicinal properties. It is often used for breath fresheners such as your toothpaste, gum, candy and beauty products.
This well-known mouth and breath freshener has more than two dozen species and hundreds of varieties. Mentha is also freshly used or dried with foods or for tea drink.
Feasting on whole leaves have certain health benefits and can avert some medical conditions. This a trendy medicinal herb which helps in weight loss. There are several other health benefits of mint leaves which I would state below:
- As a great appetizer cum palate cleanser, this leave aids digestion. For instance, if you feel sick in the stomach a cup of mint tea will give you quick relief.
- It is a good relaxant and congestion relief for the Asthmatic patient.
- Nursing mothers can treat nipple cracks and nipple pains with the mint oil.
- A popular way to get rid of depression and fatigue in an easy manner is to put a few drops of mint essential oil or menthol oil on your pillow at night and let it work on your body and mind while you sleep.
- The Mentha leaf juice is an excellent skin cleanser. It soothes skin and helps to cure infections and itchiness.
- According to medical research, mint leave is known to strengthen the liver.
- This one here is so interesting. For those who fart uncontrollably, one of the refreshing mint nutritional benefits is that it will help you to stop farting. Since it eases digestion, by encouraging the stomach to produce more bile, the body makes less gas.
- The Mentha leaf which also offers healthy weight loss with no side effects. Adding mint to your diet increases the amount of fat that is being consumed and put to use, rather than being stored and contributing to your weight gain!
I could go on to list more benefits because there are so many but I’ll save the rest for a later post. Now when you see a mint leaf, do not hesitate to grab some and enjoy a cup of healthy goodness. All you have to do is put it in hot water as you would your regular tea leaf. Thankfully, you can purchase mint leaves on Konga.
Latest posts by Success Omorobe (see all)
- Block Heels The New Stilettoes - August 3, 2017
- 9 Wonderful Things You Didn’t Know About the EWEDU Leaf - July 27, 2017
- Health Benefits of Mint Leaves - June 14, 2017