The ecommerce business is extremely competitive. You finally set up your online store and then you realize there are hundreds of stores selling the same products you do. The question you need to ask yourself is this- what is it about your store or products that would make potential customers shop from you and not elsewhere.
Part of determining your unique selling proposition is understanding the value that your product brings to the market. There has got to be something about your store or products that helps you stand out from the crowd.
To find out what makes your store unique, spend some time to figure out any hidden benefits that your products may have. You can start by asking yourself the following questions to discover where in your business your unique selling proposition can come from:
- What materials is your product is made from?.
- Where did those materials came from? Who created them or produced them?
- Who are they manufactured and assembled by?
- What are the unique benefits your product offers?
- What’s your personal story and how does it add value to your products?
- What do you have to offer that no one else does?
- How are your products manufactured and assembled?
Once you have come up with answers take a look at how you can further build your store taking full advantage your "unique selling proposition".