Accu - Chek Machine
The steps are similar for many meters, and generally look like this:
- Wash and dry your hands—using warm water may help the blood flow.
- Turn on the meter and prepare a test strip as outlined in your owner's booklet. Many Accu-Chek meters turn on automatically when a strip is inserted.
- Choose your spot—don't check from the same finger all the time. Using the side of the fingertip may be less painful than the pads.
- Prepare the lancing device according to the user guide provided, then lance your fingertip or other approved site to get a drop of blood.
- Touch and hold the test strip opening to the drop until it has absorbed enough blood to begin the test.
- View your test result and take the proper steps if your blood sugar is high or low, based on your healthcare professionals recommendations.
- Discard the used lancet properly.
- Record the results in a logbook, hold them in the meter's memory or download to an app or computer so you can review and analyze them later.