There are countless benefits to having this spice in your home. One of the biggest benefits of cinnamon consumption is that it counterbalances the high insulin level in your body caused by carbohydrates. A lot of people don’t know this but when consuming refined sugars; sprinkling some cinnamon powder to the mixture can help balance your body’s insulin level. Believe it or not, it is an instant cure for junk food items.
1. Treats type 2 diabetes and lowers blood sugar levels:
Several studies have already proved that daily consumption of cinnamon powder (at least ½ teaspoon) can help improve your insulin sensitivity and blood sugar level. That way, it will help you gain control over your body’s weight and lower the hazards of heart disease. And this is why cinnamon powder for weight loss and diabetes is such an effective home remedy.
2. Cuts down cholesterol level:
According to researches, a pinch of cinnamon in your daily diet can drop your cholesterol level by an incredible amount. What’s more, it can considerably reduce the triglycerides or fatty acids in your blood.
3. Combats cancer:
Researchers at the American Department of Agriculture revealed a shocking fact that cinnamon cuts down the creation of leukaemia and lymphoma cancer cells. Apart from this, the blend of fiber and calcium in cinnamon helps remove bile, which in turn averts colon cancer.
4. Treats cardiovascular diseases:
Cinnamon boosts your cardiovascular system, hence protecting the body against any heart-related disorder. For those suffering from high blood pressure and coronary artery-disease, cinnamon works as a magical curing element.
5. Instant and natural mouth freshener:
Since ancient times, cinnamon has been used for treating toothache and combating bad breath. A pinch of cinnamon power in your mouth helps improve your oral hygiene.
6. Bid adieu to pimples and welcome healthy skin:
If you’re tired of spending money on acne creams and ointments but failed to get the desired results, it’s time to take some home remedy approach. Considering the multiple benefits you get, home-made and natural remedies are turning more and more popular.
Cinnamon is widely known for its multiple health benefits. However, only few people know that it can be advantageous for your skin as well. Just add a little cinnamon powder to lemon juice and you have an effective acne solution. A blend of honey and cinnamon is highly effective for healing wounds and treating skin itching problems. It’s also effective for treating blackheads; just a few drops of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon powder should help you in getting effective results.
7. Since pre-historic times, cinnamon is a highly valued spice, not just for its culinary benefits but for its medicinal usage as well. The natural healing properties of cinnamon make it a top choice for treating a range of diseases and ailments like nausea, colds, diarrhea and dysmenorrhea. It also helps improve blood circulation, thus making your hair strong and beautiful. With enhanced blood circulation in your body, the hair roots and the scalp get sufficient amount of nutrients and oxygen. Quite naturally, your hair remains strong, healthy and beautiful.