Panasonic Lumix FT20
CES, 7th January 2013 – Panasonic’s new compact LUMIX DMC-FT20, its toughest photo and video compact camera to date, is built for those seeking adventure and demanding the ability to document unbelievable moments anytime, anywhere. With impressive image quality and an outstanding range of features packed into a neat, durable, yet fun design, the FT5 is the perfect companion for capturing those breathtaking instances, whether underwater, atop a mountain or in the desert.
The LUMIX FT20 is the ultimate hardy camera, ensuring that no matter where you find yourself, such as diving with sea life, hanging from a rock face or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market, you will be able to take the best shot possible without having to worry about whether or not your camera is able to withstand the conditions. Waterproof to a depth of 13 metres, shockproof from a height of 2 metres, freeze proof from a temperature of -10 degrees Celsius and pressure resistant to 100kg, the LUMIX FT5 really is the tough-man of the compact camera market.
The LUMIX FT20 enables full HD, 1920x1080 movie recording in AVCHD format and allows exceptional audio capture with Dolby Digital Creator. For those times when operating the camera with two hands may be difficult a dedicated button makes it possible to let you instantly start recording movies without having to choose any extra settings. Furthermore, the iA Mode is available in movie recording and the POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode comes in handy when shooting while on the move or from challenging places, countering handshake and vibrations.
A LEICA DC-VARIO ELMAR lens (28mm wide with a 4.6 x zoom), Full HD video,1920x1080 (50p) and a 3.0 inch LCD all combine to ensure that the FT5 punches well above its weight. Additionally a 16.1 megapixel high sensitivity sensor, new Venus engine, time lapse recording and 10 frames per second burst shooting, means this camera is not only tough, its intelligent. The FT5 is packed full of features ready to help you capture any moment that you encounter.
The LUMIX FT20 boasts one-touch easy connection to WiFi with NFC, allowing for remote picture capture, via the LUMIX remote app, and quick and easy upload. You will be able to take photos from more remote places: simply download the LUMIX remote app to a mobile device and use it as your viewfinder to take incredible photographs whilst the FT5 is nestled in a tough-to-shoot location such as hanging down in between a crevice or the back of a boat. Furthermore, you can tag the location of the photo using the built-in GPS functionality. Other benefits from the WiFi connectivity include 1GB cloud storage, upload and back-up, as well as connectivity to your TV for viewing on the big screen and easy transfer for printing by wireless printers.
Mark Robinson, Head of Imaging, Panasonic UK, said “Panasonic’s FT5 really is the tough man of our LUMIX family. Equipped with a full range of smart, high quality features, we really do believe it is the ultimate compact camera for any adventurer. Whether you’re snowboarding in the winter, rock climbing in the spring, or diving in the summer, the FT5 is ideal for capturing special memories wherever you are. For both the entry level user and the more advanced intrepid explorer, the FT5 should be packed in every backpack.”
• Advanced toughness: Waterproof to a depth of 13 metres, shockproof from a height of 2 metres, freeze proof down to a temperature of -10 degrees Celsius and pressure resistant to 100kg, the LUMIX FT5 is the tough man of the compact camera market
• Advanced video shooting: 1920x 1080, 50p Full HD video recording and a stereo microphone allow you to shoot the highest quality movies
• One touch easy Wi-Fi connection: The LUMIX FT5 boasts one-touch easy connection to Wi-Fi with NFC, allowing for remote picture capture and quick and easy upload
• Underwater mode: The new underwater red colour reproduction feature allows you to capture the colours of the underwater world, as it is seen, eliminating dull, grey colours often associated with underwater pictures
• Quality photography within easy reach: With a 9.3x Intelligent Zoom and a 24mm Ultra Wide Angle LEICA DC lens, renowned for its exceptional quality, every detail of those epic moments is captured with super-sharp results
• Stunning results whatever the situation: The new, sharper 16.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS Sensor gives you stunning image quality even in low light conditions and the improved POWER O.I.S capability in photo and movie modes helps prevent handshake even when using the high powered zoom
• Map your memories: The enhanced GPS functionality allows you to automatically record your location and view the map and associated photos directly on your camera
• Add your own personal touch: The Creative Control / Retouch feature includes many creative modes such as soft focus, toy effect and retro
The FT5 will be in available in the stores and online - with the release date and price tbc.
Panasonic is also announcing the launch of the FT25, a stylish tough camera for everyday usage and perfect for those less extreme adventurers.
The FT25 is waterproof to a depth of 7 meters, shockproof from a height of 1.5 metres and freeze proof down to a temperature of -10 degrees Celsius.
Users can also take advantage of the 16.1 megapixel sensor, MEGA O.I.S with Active Mode to reduce motion blur and Creative Control’s 12 effects to make an image more impressive
• A 25mm wide angle, 4x zoom lens
• MP4 HD video, 1280x720 (25p)
• 2.7” LCD
• Underwater Red Colour Reproduction